Let’s recap. Cory Booker:
- started a presidential campaign,
- pushed no message I can remember other than “party unity,” and
- ended his campaign early enough to avoid cutting into any other candidate’s Iowa results.
I can’t help but wonder if this was a deliberate message to the other candidates:
- “I’m a political force to be reckoned with. Never mind that I was polling at (cough) percent. I outlasted what’s-his-name.”
- “I am also a team player and would be nothing but an asset to the Biden/Warren/insert-name-here administration.”
I’d be surprised if he was offered the vice presidency (though I’ve been surprised by veep picks often enough before). I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he was offered a cabinet position in exchange for campaigning for his party to unify behind someone else.